Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The San Diego Hip-Hop Hustle Interviews Baby Bandit


Baby Bandit’s “Young, Fly & Thuggin” Mixtape is OUT NOW! Get it HERE or your favorite local CD spot!


sdhiphophustle.com: I appreciate you taking the time out to lace us with our first interview ever! So how's the rap game treating you?

Baby Bandit: The rap game is always tough, especially during these times. But hey, life's tough and only the strong survive. Recently things have been looking good. The streets been showing me a lot of love. I'm looking forward to the future.

sdhiphophustle.com: For those who ain’t up on game, what releases have you been featured on?

Baby Bandit: “Don Diego presents The Cherry Chuck Gang” which is an underground classic! Free Don Diego, by the way! But em, “J Diggs - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” (which may be my biggest feature to this point), “I-Rocc - Fixed Fight“, too many mixtape features to list, all A-Wax and PieRx latest projects and every poppin record that's came outta San Diego in the last 3 years. I'm working on a lot of new music though. Be on the Look out for me, Nipsey Hussle, Menace, Glasses Malone, Jay Rock, Hot Dollar, Messy Marv, J Stalin & Livewire. Those are all in the works if not out by the time this interview is released. I’m out here Wavy tho!!!

sdhiphophustle.com: Can you tell us about "Young, Fly, & Thuggin" and why everyone should pick it up?

Baby Bandit: Its the start of something big! It’s filled with California's hottest artist and it was songs I just threw together for the people. Kinda my introduction to let people know I’m here for real. Just getting the wave started really so hopefully the people grab a surf board or get washed up. Shout out to DJ Kali for putting the extra splash on there too!



sdhiphophustle.com: At what age did you begin taking rap seriously?

Baby Bandit: Maybe 18, 19. So really not that long. Just wrote a few raps and people liked them. Opportunities began to open for me so I’m just taking advantage of them. I owe that to the man up stairs though. 100

sdhiphophustle.com: How would you describe your music?

Baby Bandit: New, splashy...just real. Something you can feel. The older generation & younger ones. I’m young with a old soul so its like the best of both worlds. I have fun and I got a story to tell.

sdhiphophustle.com: These days it's tougher then ever to have success in this game, what keeps you motivated?


Baby Bandit: For 1, I don't allow me being a rapper to rule my life. I try and stay busy doing other stuff. The hustle means so much more now of days. But as far as me rapping, it’s the people. It’s the people I don't know who like the music and show me so much love which I’m grateful for. It’s my homies and people in my hood who have nothing else to look forward to. I feel like it’s my job to create opportunities for them and turn them into future CEO's and entrepreneurs.

sdhiphophustle.com: In your opinion, what would it take for a San Diego rap artist to
reach major success?

Baby Bandit: Better music, better promotion, and getting outta Dago networking. Have other stuff going on. Make the labels respect you and what you have to offer. The easier you make there job, the better for you. Boss up!

sdhiphophustle.com:  What was the last CD you bumped in the whip?

Baby Bandit:  Jay Electronica - “What the F*** is a Jay Electoronica?” He's dope! Him, J. Cole and Drake stay in rotation in the whip!

sdhiphophustle.com:  What else can we expect from you in the future?

Baby Bandit: “A Day in My Cherry Chucks” (street album). I’m doing that for my city, for the hood, and hoods everywhere! Of course flooding the internet with dumb mixtapes after mixtapes, a few collabs, street albums with ya favorite underground artist, going hard on radio (pause) and me becoming a boss as well as an artist. Leeegggooo!

sdhiphophustle.com:  Anything you want to say to all the Baby Bandit supporters?

Baby Bandit: Of course. I thank you, I love you, I do it all for you! Shout out to the haters! I wouldn't be here without you and ima do my best to give you more things to hate on! Hit me on twitter @PrinceBandit, I follow back, I holla back! 100

Ma holla at me...lol I’m single!!!


Quick shout out to Miles Aaron! He's doing a lot for San Diego and West Coast Rap period! Umm...FREE BIG BANDIT too!…“G Malone presents Tiny Doo & Tiny Beef - This is what Beef Doo” will be out soon, Go support that! Shout out to Wax and B12 for holding me down too! 100

- @PrinceBandit

No comments:

Post a Comment