Monday, July 12, 2010

The San Diego Hip-Hop Hustle Interviews Dre Doja


Over the course of the past five years, the worlds of Hip Hop and Skateboarding have slowly begun to intertwine with various mainstream MC’s rhyming about their love for skateboarding.  San Diego based MC Dre Doja has emerged and as a proven Skateboarder with a undeniable skill for creating classic rhymes spit over head nodding beats he is steadily filling the gap between the two worlds.


sdhiphophustle: Thanks for taking the time out to chop it up with us. How’s life treating you?

Dre Doja: Better then I deserve.

sdhiphophustle: How would you define your style of music to those who's not up on game?

Dre Doja: Hyphy, Emotional, and Real

sdhiphophustle: Lyrically, what motivates you?

Dre Doja: Life, lyrics from other people my age, and competition.

sdhiphophustle: How would you compare your life as a Hip-Hop artist to your life as a skater?

Dre Doja: They’re different but the same. You can have fun with them or make money but please believe its not easy. I sk8 for fun and I rap for funds. Shout out to all my skaters, rappers and trappers.

sdhiphophustle: If you could compare your skating style to a certain rapper's style (not including yourself) who would it be and why?

Dre Doja: I'm the ODB. I don't give a fuck, I just sk8.

sdhiphophustle: Yea dat! So could you tell us about your next project or any project you have out now?

Dre Doja: I'm dropping a mixtape, check out datpiff.com in a week. I have a new video called 21 that just hit worldstarhiphop.com today and I'm working on an album. I’m still waiting on who's gonna put it out. I been in LA working with an A&R from Atlantic.

sdhiphophustle: Good luck with that! Is there anybody out there you trying to work with in the future?

Dre Doja: Chris Brown or Trey Songz

sdhiphophustle: Much respect to you for taking the time out to speak with us. Is there any last words, shout-outs, or plugs you wanna put out there for the readers and Dre Doja supporters?

Dre Doja: Thank / Dank you all! Friends, fam, haters, skaters, rappers, trappers. I'm here yall! Doja.

No comments:

Post a Comment