Monday, June 7, 2010

The San Diego Hip-Hop Hustle Interviews D-Rough



sdhiphophustle.com: How’s the rap game been treating you since “Put it on my Tab” hit the airwaves?

D-Rough: It’s been good, the video is getting a lot of views on youtube and I’m getting recognition for good quality work in San Diego.

sdhiphophustle.com: How’d you come up with the name D-Rough?

D-Rough: It’s hyphenated for “diamond in da rough“ which is a synonym for one of a kind.

sdhiphophustle.com: Can you tell us about your next project?

D-Rough: I’m currently in the studio working on my EP entitled “Self Explanatory” and I’m just taking my time to perfect my craft on that. That will be my first solo original project.

sdhiphophustle.com: How would you define your music?

D-Rough: My music is versatile, I can write music for any mood or about any topic. I got 16’s for all categories. I’m a fan of hip-hop and all sorts of music so lyricism is something that I must make sure I have a strong presence in. I’m pushing the line, I’m not like most west coast artist. I wouldn’t even say I sound like I’m from the west coast but I like that because it keeps the listeners optimistic.

sdhiphophustle.com: What do you bring to the table that’s missing in rap these days?
D-Rough: I said it in the previous question and I’ll say it again. Lyricism, content. substance, all that man! I really enjoy the creative writing process of it all.

sdhiphophustle.com: What do you hope to accomplish throughout your career?

D-Rough: The ultimate goal is to sign to a major label and be looked at as one of the best down the line. I mean at the end of the day this is my passion and I love creating music, but my goal is to be a billboard topper.

sdhiphophustle.com: Who are some artists that you would like to work with?

D-Rough: Jay-z, Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Snoop, Xzibit, the list goes on. Really I’m a fan of a lot of artists music from all different markets so anyone who is up to working with me if I reach that level of stardom I would be excited about.

sdhiphophustle.com: What should we expect from you in the future?

D-Rough: You should expect this EP to drop, more youtube videos, projects with my label mates to drop: Seven Ceez, Bake City, Alspoken, Fifuf Hennessey; radio play, and just building a buzz so big that these labels will have to come down to Daygo to holla at me.

sdhiphophustle.com: Anything you wanna say to all the fans reading this interview?

D-Rough: I appreciate you for taking the time to check me out one time and see what my work and aspirations are about. And just keep checking for me because I’m going to be here for a long time to come. Just know I’m repping Daygo City til the casket drops and D.U.P. (Da Union Productions) all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment