Saturday, June 26, 2010

The SD Hip-Hop Hustle Interviews Snookie P


You can check out Snookie P's music at twiturm.com/impaidhoe



sdhiphophustle.com: What’s good fam? How’s the game been treating you? 

Snookie P: As far as life it’s been going good with occasional bumps in the road, but where I stay at everybody got potholes in they road (hahahaha). As the rap scene goes I’ve been getting love through the internet. I uploaded 6 songs and I got a total of 283 plays and 39 download's so far!

sdhiphophustle.com: That’s the business! Can you tell us about the current project you’re working on?

Snookie P: I’m currently working on one project out of many at the moment and it’s called “No Pen No Pad The Tweet Tape“. It’s going to be a full length mix tape for free and you'll be able to download it through twitter! It’s going to have all the hottest and classic instrumentals on it. I feel like this will be a good way to release a project and let everybody know I’m here! I also got a couple of other projects I’m working on, one going with Vision Complex, another with my niggah Marhustle, and a couple other cats as well.  

sdhiphophustle.com: How would you describe your music to those who ain’t up on it?

Snookie P: I describe my music as something you can sit back and light up to, or you can dance to it. I also make hits for the ladies as well but that’s on some other ish. My music might not be for everyone. It might just be for people who like to smoke hella yiff because maybe they can relate to some of the stuff I talk about in my music. My music comes from what I have experienced or what I’m doing now or have done!

sdhiphophustle.com: How do you separate yourself from other artists?

Snookie P: I feel I separate myself from other artist in the San Diego rap scene cause I don't belong to a gang. I’m not knocking anyone because I listen to a lot of San Diego artist and I’m not saying every San Diego artist is a gang member but the majority of the San Diego Rap scene is Gangster Rap. My music isn’t really considered gangster rap, its more hip hop & marijuana music. With that being said, I’m very different from others in the game.  

sdhiphophustle.com: What inspired you to become a Hip-Hop artist?

Snookie P: I’ve always wanted to be a Hip-Hop artist every since I was little. All I ever wanted to do was watch music videos! I just remember me telling myself that this is what I want to do, I just never really took the effort to put myself out there. I’ve been recording for like 5 years now and I’ve been rapping ever since I learned how to talk. Some of the people who inspired me to do hip-hop and what I mean by that is when I listen to em and they say a nice punch line, it makes me want to go rap and make a song it would defiantly be Wiz Khalifa (I’ve been rocking with him since “Show & Prove” for you bandwagoners) also Rick Ross and last but not least Lil Wayne.

sdhiphophustle.com: Do you have any goals that you set for yourself towards making it in the rap game?

Snookie P: My goals aren’t set too high right now at this moment. My ultimate goal right now would be just to get a big enough buzz going so I can pursue my main goal which is making it on to a major recording label! 

sdhiphophustle.com: How do you feel about the San Diego hip-hop scene right now?

Snookie P: I’m really digging the San Diego Rap scene and have been for years. I enjoy listening to the top San Diego rap artist. Also got to give credit where credit is due. The Batkave and all the artist that were on it killed the “D.O.M Remixtapes Vol.1” and the “M.I.D Remixtapes Vol.2” is defiantly in one of the 6 spots in my CD changer in the car.  

sdhiphophustle.com: If there was anything you could change about Hip-Hop in general, what would it be?

Snookie P: There is nothing I would change about Hip-Hop. Hip-Hop has a tendency to change itself.

sdhiphophustle.com: Is there anybody out there that you would like to work with in the future?

Snookie P: There are a lot of people I would like to work with. Too many to name but on the most part I would like to start working with other artist out of this area. I would love to work with The Batkave on a couple of tracks. I would also like to work with Kalioso on the video game! 

sdhiphophustle.com: Any last words, shoutouts or plugs?

Snookie P: I like to say thanks for the support of my family and true friends, also shouts out to my niggahs Robcash , Yung Wess, Yung Rawl, Flyerthanthem and that’s the Cloud Gang!  Also shouts out to my other folks Marhustle, Cardie Rokk, Black Jo Jo, Lil Ace Money and anybody who’s ever bumped a Snookie P track. Also the P in my name stands for “Philosophia“. Its Greek for love and wisdom. I'M OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment